Little can match the tradition & heritage of the iconic MCG here in Melbourne!
Take a guided tour of the historic Melbourne Cricket Ground and you’ll get to explore behind the scenes, walk on the famous arena and experience where many of the worlds biggest sporting events play.
Immerse yourself in the history of the ‘G’ whilst gaining an insight into Melbourne’s sporting culture from one of our dedicated MCC volunteers. This is one of the world’s most iconic stadiums, so come explore and you’ll see how impressive the arena really is in person!
Highlights of this must-see tour include:
- The famous MCC Long Room
- MCC Library (founded in 1873)
- MCG Tapestry
- Player change rooms
- Cricketers’ viewing room
- Ron Casey Media Centre
- Portrait of Sir Donald Bradman and Sachin Tendulkar
- A walk on the arena
- Cricket Victoria Bill Lawry Centre
- Ponsford Stand
- City Terrace with views of Melbourne’s skyline.
NOTE: Some areas on the tour route are subject to availability and alteration.
10am to 3pm daily – See website for alternate opening hours.
Special Delegate Offer
Show your lanyard or lapel at the National Sports Museum desk at Gate 3 of the MCG to receive 20% off the Tour!
The MCG is an easy & picturesque 15 minute walk from Federation Square.
Alternatively, there are trams & trains that can drop you very close to the stadium (Note the MCG is outside the free tram zone, so make sure you touch-on your MYKI):
- Tram 75 & 48 for drop off at Jolimont Station
- Tram 70 for drop off at Melbourne Park
- From any railway station in the CBD, take the Hurstbridge or Epping lines to reach Jolimont Station.
- To get to Richmond station from the city, take any train on the Lilydale, Belgrave, Alamein, Glen Waverley, Dandenong, Pakenham, Cranbourne, Frankston or Sandringham lines.
Visit the MCG Official Website for more information on their tours!